How to increase email open and click rates when sending a video email (for sales, business development, recruiting, marketing, and any other type of business relationship building). Not emailing videos yet? Try dubb.com.
1) include “video” in subject line
2) include a high value offering in subject line (e.g. Video of X to help your business)
3) include context in the email body (e.g. I created this screen video for you showcasing how your competitors are doing X, etc.) Overall I don’t recommend webcam videos if you’re not getting a response. At that point, they probably want info, value, education — not personality.
4) for the email thumbnail, try to show something that they can’t resist clicking on. (e.g. their website, their LinkedIn profile, their competitor’s website, etc).
5) consider creating a more generic video (or social post) that you can share with the social channels (esp. LinkedIn) so they can engage with your content and start to build trust with you.
The story continues on dubb.com.
[eBook] Ultimate Guide to Using Video for Sales
Dubb is a video communication platform that lets users send personalized, trackable videos. The Dubb platform simplifies video sharing with a Chrome Extension, Outlook Add-In, mobile app and website that allow users to share and track screen and camera videos. Dubb offers a free 14-day trial with no credit required.